英语幽默 | 休假

A holiday from school
休假

Tommy hated school and was always looking for excuses not to go.
汤姆讨厌上学,总是找借口不去上学.

If he sneezed, he asked his mother to write a note saying he had a cold.
如果他打喷嚏,他就叫他妈妈写个纸条说他感冒了。

If he had a headache, he asked his mother to take him to the doctor during school hours.
如果他头痛,他就叫他妈妈在上课时间带他去看病。

He spent more time at home than he did at school.
他呆在家里的时间比在学校的时间要多。

On the days that he did go to school, he looked for excuses to come home early.
在他的确去上学的日子里,他就找借口早点回家。

One morning he came home when the lessons were only half finished.
一天早上他上了一半课就从学校回来了。

His father was surprised.
他爸爸很惊讶。

"You've come home early," he said. "Is the school closed today?"
“你回来得很早,”他爸爸问,“学校放学了吗?”

"No, Dad", Tommy said, "It's open. I came home early."
“没有,爸爸,”汤姆说,“还没放学。我提前回来了。”

"How did you do that? his father asked him. "What did you say to the teacher?"
“你怎么会提前回来了?”爸爸问,“你对老师说什么了?”

"I told her that I had a new baby brother and that I had to come home and help you."
“我告诉她我有了一个小弟弟,我得回家帮你。”

"But your mother has had twins," his father said, "a boy and a girl. You've got a baby brother and a baby sister."
“但是你妈妈生了一对双胞胎,”爸爸说,“一个男孩,一个女孩。你有一个小弟弟和一个小妹妹。”

"Yes, I know, Dad," Tommy said. "I'm saving up my baby sister for next week."
“是的,我知道,爸爸,”汤姆说,“我要等下个星期再说我有个小妹妹了。”