disgrace : 侧重在别人，尤其在众人面前丢脸。
- They were sent home in disgrace.
- He brought disgrace on the whole team by falsifying the results.
humiliate : 强调受辱者自尊心的损坏。
- How could you humiliate me by questioning my judgment in front of everyone like that?
- England were humiliated (= completely defeated) in last night's match.
shame : 指由不光彩或不道德的行为引起的惭愧感或羞耻感。
- It shames me that I treated her so badly.
- The behaviour of a few children has shamed the whole school.
dishonour : 有时可与disgrace换用，但前者是指因失去荣誉所致。
- Some of the leaders of the coup took their lives rather than face dishonour.
- It was no dishonour to be beaten by such a strong opponent.