区别辨析fasten、tie、bind、secure与chain

fasten、tie、bind、secure与chain这些动词都有“扎牢、捆、绑”之意。

fasten : 指把某物牢牢地拴在、钉在或锁在另一物上,使不能任意移动。

  • Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened.
    请务必将您的安全带系好。
  • This shirt fastens at the back.
    这件衬衣是在后背系扣的。

tie : 普通用词,指用绳索等将东西扎紧捆牢。

  • Could you tie this piece of string for me?
    你能帮我把这个绳子打个结吗?
  • This skirt ties at the waist.
    这条连衣裙是在腰间系带的。
  • She tied the ribbon tightly in a bow/knot.
    她把丝带打成一个紧紧的蝴蝶结。
  • I tie my hair back when it's hot.
    天热时我就把头发系在脑后。
  • Tie (up) your shoelaces, or you'll trip over them.
    把鞋带系好,不然会摔跤的。

bind : 多指把两个或两个以上的人或物牢牢地系或扎在一起。

  • They bound the packages with brightly coloured ribbon.
    他们用鲜艳的彩带把包裹扎了起来。
  • Bind together the two broken ends.
    把断了的两头连起来。
  • The prisoner was bound hand and foot.
    那名囚犯被绑住了手脚。

secure : 指将某物紧紧地固定起来,使之完全无损。

  • The gate won't stay open, so we'll have to secure it to that post.
    大门没办法一直保持开着,所以我们不得不将它拴在那根柱子上。

chain : 专指用链条或金属环将某人或某物锁住或系住。

  • It's so cruel to keep a pony chained up like that all the time.
    把一匹小马驹一直那样拴着真是太残忍了。
  • They chained themselves to lampposts in protest at the judge's decision.
    为了抗议法官的判决,他们把自己拴在了灯柱上。
  • I don't want a job where I'm chained to a desk for eight hours a day.
    我不想要一份一天8小时都被拴在办公桌前的工作。

wechat-qrcode