区别辨析bother、disturb、trouble、annoy、irritate与vex

这些动词均有“使人不安或烦恼”之意。

bother : 指使人烦恼而引起的紧张不安或感到不耐烦。

  • Does it bother you that he's out so much of the time?
    他出去了那么长时间,你不担心吗?
  • Living on my own has never bothered me.
    独自生活从来没有让我感到担心。
  • I don't care if he doesn't come - it doesn't bother me.
    如果他不来我也不在乎——我无所谓。
  •  It bothers me that he doesn't seem to notice.
    让我感到烦恼的是,他似乎没有注意到什么。

disturb : 较正式用词,多用被动态。指拢乱,使人不能平静或妨碍别人工作、思维或正常秩序,是程度较深的烦恼。

  • Some scenes are violent and may disturb younger viewers.
    某些场景中有暴力内容,可能会使年幼些的观众产生焦虑情绪。

trouble : 指给人在行动上带来不便或在身心上造成痛苦。

  • I asked her what was troubling her, but she didn't want to talk.
    我问她是不是有什么烦心事,但是她不想说。
  • Many of us are deeply troubled by the chairman's decision.
    我们许多人对主席的决定深感不安。
  • It troubles me (that) you didn't discuss your problems with me earlier.
    你没有早点与我讨论你的问题,这使我感到不安。

annoy : 强调因被迫忍受令人不快、讨厌的事而失去平静或耐心,多指一时的打拢或恼怒。

  • Tina really annoyed me in the meeting this morning.
    在今天上午的会上,蒂娜真是把我气坏了。
  • I'm sorry - is my cough annoying you?
    对不起,我咳嗽打扰你了吧?
  • It annoys me that she just expects us to help.
    她只是眼巴巴地盼着我们去帮她,我真是气得慌。
  • It really annoys me when people expect me to tip as well as pay a service charge in a restaurant.
    在饭店里,付了服务费后他们还想要小费,这很让我恼火。

irritate : 语气比annoy强得多,指激怒,使发怒,多指一种短时间的反应。

  • After a while her behaviour really began to irritate me.
    过了一会儿,她的行为真让我恼火了。

vex : 侧重指因不断的干扰而引起的烦恼,有时含激怒的意味。

  • This issue looks likely to continue to vex the government.
    这件事看来会继续使政府恼火。

wechat-qrcode