bother : 指使人烦恼而引起的紧张不安或感到不耐烦。
- Does it bother you that he's out so much of the time?
- Living on my own has never bothered me.
- I don't care if he doesn't come - it doesn't bother me.
- It bothers me that he doesn't seem to notice.
disturb : 较正式用词，多用被动态。指拢乱，使人不能平静或妨碍别人工作、思维或正常秩序，是程度较深的烦恼。
- Some scenes are violent and may disturb younger viewers.
trouble : 指给人在行动上带来不便或在身心上造成痛苦。
- I asked her what was troubling her, but she didn't want to talk.
- Many of us are deeply troubled by the chairman's decision.
- It troubles me (that) you didn't discuss your problems with me earlier.
annoy : 强调因被迫忍受令人不快、讨厌的事而失去平静或耐心，多指一时的打拢或恼怒。
- Tina really annoyed me in the meeting this morning.
- I'm sorry - is my cough annoying you?
- It annoys me that she just expects us to help.
- It really annoys me when people expect me to tip as well as pay a service charge in a restaurant.
irritate : 语气比annoy强得多，指激怒，使发怒，多指一种短时间的反应。
- After a while her behaviour really began to irritate me.
vex : 侧重指因不断的干扰而引起的烦恼，有时含激怒的意味。
- This issue looks likely to continue to vex the government.