cheat : 普通用词，指用蒙蔽他人的手段取得所需之物，尤多指在赢利的买卖中欺骗人。
- Anyone caught cheating will be immediately disqualified from the exam.
- He cheats at cards?
- She cheated in the test by copying from the boy in front.
- I suspect he cheats on his taxes (= avoids paying as much tax as he should).
- They cheat people by charging too much for building materials.
deceive : 最普通用词，指用虚假外表使人信以为真，或蓄意歪曲事实，或造成错误印象使人上当受骗。
- The company deceived customers by selling old computers as new ones.
- The sound of the door closing deceived me into thinking they had gone out.
trick : 指用阴谋诡计等骗得信任或得到所需之物。
- Dean tricked the old lady into giving him eight hundred dollars.
fool : 指把别人当傻瓜，愚弄欺骗别人。
- Don't be fooled by his appearance.
- She said she was doing it to help me, but I wasn't fooled.
- Tim was fooled into believing that he'd won a lot of money.