condition : 一般强调产生影响的原因或环境，复数形式指笼统的情况。
- Mum's still got our pram - it's very old, but it's in perfect condition.
- They left the flat in a terrible condition - there was mess everywhere.
- The hospital say her condition (= state of health) is improving slowly.
- He's in no condition (= he is too sick or too drunk) to drive home.
state : 普通用词，指人或物在环境、外表、心灵以及健康方面的状况，或指在某一阶段的状态或形式。
- The building was in a state of disrepair.
- She was found wandering in a confused state (of mind).
- Give me the keys - you're not in a state to drive.
- After the accident I was in a state of shock.
- I came home to an unhappy state of affairs (= situation).
- The kitchen was in its original state, with a 1920s sink and stove.
status : 指一个人在政治、社会、经济、法律上的地位或身份，暗含地位显要意味。也可用于指政治等事态的状况。
- The association works to promote the status of retired people as useful members of the community.
- There has been an increase in applications for refugee status.
- The success of her book has given her unexpected celebrity status.
- Applicants should have a degree or a qualification of equal status.
situation : 指明确具体的环境情况或处境。
- the economic/political situation
- Her news put me in a difficult situation.
- "Would you get involved in a fight?" "It would depend on the situation."
- I'll worry about it if/when/as the situation arises (= if/when/as it happens).
circumstance : 多指周围的情况或某事发生时的情况。
- I think she coped very well under the circumstances.
- Obviously we can't deal with the problem until we know all the circumstances.
- She died in suspicious circumstances.
- We oppose capital punishment in/under any circumstances.
- Under no circumstances should you (= you should not) approach the man.
- The meeting has been cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control.