区别辨析conversation、dialogue、talk与chat

微信关注:田间小站

这些名词均含“交谈”之意。

conversation : 一般用词,指两个或更多人互相交换意见的交谈。

  • She had a strange conversation with the man who moved in upstairs.
    她跟搬到楼上的那个家伙进行了一次奇怪的交谈。
  • It's impossible to hold/carry on a conversation with all this noise going on!
    周围这么吵根本无法谈话!
  • I struck up (= started) an interesting conversation with your uncle.
    我跟你叔叔挺有兴趣地攀谈起来。
  • Because of television, many people have lost the art of conversation (= talking to each other).
    由于电视的缘故,许多人变得不善于与他人交谈了。
  • Whenever I'm in a social situation with my boss, we seem to run out of conversation (= things to say to each other) after two minutes!
    每次在社交场合跟老板在一起,两分钟过后我们好像就无话可说了。

dialogue : 指敌对国家、政治团体之间的对话。

  • The rebel leaders stated that they are willing to enter into dialogue with the government.
    叛军首领发表声明说他们愿意与政府进行对话。
  • The two sides have at last begun to engage in a constructive dialogue.
    双方终于开始进行建设性对话。

talk : 普通用词,可与conversation换用,指正式交谈。

  • We were just talking about Gareth's new girlfriend.
    我们刚才在谈论加雷斯的新女友。
  • My little girl has just started to talk.
    我的小女儿刚开始说话。
  • She talks to her mother on the phone every week.
    她每周都跟母亲通电话。

chat : 指熟人之间非常随便的交谈,强调谈话的亲密和非正式性。

  • Why don't you give me a call and we'll have a chat?
    为什么你不给我打个电话,我们好好聊一聊呢?
  • I had a chat with my boss today about a possible salary increase.
    今天我和老板随便聊了一下可能涨工资的事。
  • It was the usual idle chat (= conversation about unimportant things).
    那不过是普通的闲聊。