correct : 指纠正或改正不正确、不真实或有缺点的东西。
- Students said it was helpful if the teacher corrected their pronunciation.
- I have 30 homework assignments to correct.
rectify : 正式用词，意义较抽象，侧重指彻底改正偏离子正确标准或规则的东西。
- I am determined to take whatever action is necessary to rectify the situation.
- Every effort is made to rectify any errors/mistakes before the book is printed.
remedy : 正式用词，通常指在局部范围内进行纠正，尤指对困难或棘手问题的解决。
- This mistake must be remedied immediately.
revise : 指通过仔细阅读、反复思考后而进行改正、订正或修订，使趋于完善。
- His helpfulness today has made me revise my original opinion/impression of him.
- His publishers made him revise his manuscript three times.
amend : 书面语用词。指进行更正或改变，使之更好，符合更高的要求。
- MPs were urged to amend the law to prevent another oil tanker disaster.
- In line 20, "men" should be amended (= changed) to "people".
第20行中的 men 应改为 people。
- Until the constitution is amended, the power to appoint ministers will remain with the president.