区别辨析cost、expend、spend与take

这些动词均含“花费”之意。

cost : 指花费时间、金钱、劳力等。其主语是物,而不能由人充当,也不用被动形式。

  • "How much does this book cost?" "It costs £25."
    “这本书多少钱?”“25英镑。”
  • It costs a lot to buy a house in this part of Sydney.
    在悉尼的这一地区买栋房子要花很多钱。
  • The trip will cost you $1,000.
    这趟旅游要花去你1000美元。

expend : 较正式用词,通常指为某一专门目的而花费大量金钱、时间或精力。

  • You expend so much effort for so little return.
    你费了那么大劲儿,回报却如此微不足道。
  • Governments expend a lot of resources on war.
    各国政府在战争上消耗了大量资源。

spend : 普通用词,与cost基本同义,但主语必须是人。

  • How much did you spend?
    你花了多少钱?
  • I don't know how I managed to spend so much in the club last night.
    我不知道昨晚在俱乐部怎么会花了这么多钱。
  • We spent a fortune when we were in New York.
    我们在纽约花了一大笔钱。
  • She spends a lot of money on clothes.
    她在衣服上花销很大。
  • We've just spent $1.9 million on improving our computer network.
    我们刚花了190万美元改进我们的计算机网络系统。
  • We went on a spending spree (= we bought a lot of things) on Saturday.
    我们周六疯狂购物了一番。

take : 普通用词,指需要占用空间、时间或精力等,其主语可以是人,也可以是一件事情。

  • The cooking process only takes ten minutes.
    烹饪过程只需10分钟。
  •  How long does this paint take to dry?
    这种油漆要多久才能干?
  •  It took us all day to drive home.
    我们开车回家花了一整天的时间。

wechat-qrcode