区别辨析date与day

这两个名词均有“日”之意。

date : 指具体的年、月、日,或指年代、时代。

  • What's the date (today)?/What date is it?/What's today's date?
    今天几号?
  • [UK] Today's date is 11 June (the eleventh of June).
    今天是6月11号。
  • [US] Today's date is June 11 (June the eleventh).
    今天是6月11号。
  • What is your date of birth?
    你的出生日期是哪一天?
  • The closing date for applications is the end of this month.
    申请截止日期为本月底。
  • We agreed to meet again at a later date.
    我们定好晚些时候再会面。
  • I'd like to fix a date for our next meeting.
    我想定下我们下次会面的日期。
  • I made a date (= agreed a date and time) to see her about the house.
    我已与她说好了见面谈房子的日期。

day : 泛指任何一天,或指含有“一昼夜”意义的一天,也可指工作日。可用复数表时代、时期。

  • January has 31 days.
    一月份有31天。
  • the days of the week
    一周的7天
  • He runs five miles every day.
    他每天跑5英里。
  • It took us almost a day to get here.
    我们花了几乎一天的时间才到这儿。
  • I saw him the day before yesterday.
    我前天见到他了。
  • We leave the day after tomorrow.
    我们后天离开。
  • He was last seen alive five days ago.
    人们最后一次见到他是在5天以前,那时他还活着。
  • They haven't been seen for days (= for several days).
    他们好些日子没露面了。
  • I'll be seeing Pat in a few days/in a few days' time.
    过几天我会见到帕特。
  • How's your day been? (= Have you enjoyed today?)
    你今天过得好吗?
  • Have a nice day!
    祝你今天过得愉快!
  • I must get some sleep - I've got a big day (= an important day) tomorrow.
    我得睡觉了——我明天有很重要的事。