direct : 指行路中不停步、不绕道、直奔目的地。
- a direct route/line
- Is there a direct train to Edinburgh?
- the most direct route/course
最直接的路线 / 航线
- a direct flight (= a flight that does not stop)
- There's a direct train to Leeds (= it may stop at other stations but you do not have to change trains).
- a direct hit (= a hit that is accurate and does not touch sth else first)
directly : 指以一种直接的方式。表时间时，指立刻、不拖延之意。
- Our hotel room was directly above a construction site.
- The disease is directly linked to poor drainage systems.
- The sun shone directly in my eyes.
- He drove her directly to her hotel.
- She looked directly at us.
- He's directly responsible to the boss.
- We have not been directly affected by the cuts.
- She left directly after the show.
- Directly he was paid, he went out shopping.