区别辨析disagree、differ与object

这些动词均含有“不同意、反对”之意。

disagree : 指彼此间意见或看法不同,任何言行上的不合。

  • I'm afraid I have to disagree with you (on that issue).
    (关于那个问题)恐怕我不能同意你的看法。
  • Few people would disagree that something should be done to reduce crime in the area.
    很少有人会不同意应采取行动减少该地区的犯罪。
  • I profoundly/strongly disagree with (= do not accept) the decision that has been made.
    我强烈反对那个决定。

differ : 可替换disagree,但语气较温和,是disagree的委婉说法。

  • Economists differ on the cause of inflation.
    经济学家们对通货膨胀的原因看法不一。
  • I beg to differ with you on that point.
    在那一点上恕我与你看法不同。
  • I have to differ with you on that.
    在这一点上我不能同意你的看法。
  • Medical opinion differs as to how to treat the disease.
    关于如何治疗这种疾病医学界有不同的看法。

object : 语气强烈,侧重对某一具体计划、行为或作法等表示反对。常跟前置词to连用。

  • Would anyone object if we started the meeting now?
    如果我们现在开始开会,有人反对吗?
  • He objects to the label "magician".
    他反对人们称他为“魔术师”。
  • No one objected when the boss said it was time to go home.
    老板说该是回家的时候了,这时没有人反对。
  • Many local people object to the building of the new airport.
    许多当地的居民反对兴建新机场。
  • If nobody objects, we'll postpone the meeting till next week.
    如果没有人反对,我们就把会议推迟到下周。
  • I really object to being charged for parking.
    我非常反对收停车费。