discharge : 语气较重，指有理由的解雇，含几乎不再复用的意味。
- She was discharged from the police force for bad conduct.
dismiss : 正式用词，是这组词中语气最轻的一个词，一般只有从上文才能看解雇的原因或理由。
- He has been dismissed from his job for incompetence.
- She claims she was unfairly dismissed from her post.
fire : 口语用词，多指被断然地突然解雇，其行动犹如开枪一样干净利落。
- She was fired after she was caught stealing from her employer.
- He was fired from his $165,000 job for poor performance.
- She has just been fired as editor of the newspaper.
- The company is reducing its workforce by firing 500 employees.