区别辨析favourable、fortunate、happy与lucky

favourable、fortunate、happy与lucky这些形容词都可表示“有利的、好运的、顺利的”之意。

favourable : 普通用词,指预示从良好的结果中能得到明显好处,有利于达到目的。

  • It's believed the conditions in which the elections are being held are too favourable to the government.
    人们认为举行选举的条件对政府过于有利。

fortunate : 指目前已存在的成功或有利情况,或指因好运或机会带来的成功和喜悦。

  • You're very fortunate to have found such a nice house.
    你能找到这么一栋漂亮的房子真是非常幸运。
  • He was fortunate in his choice of assistant.
    他很幸运,选择了一位好助手。
  • It was fortunate that they had set out early because the traffic was terrible.
    幸运的是他们出发得很早,因为交通状况实在太糟了。

happy : 侧重指不是通过某种机会,而是凭借鉴另和选择手段而得到利益与好处。有时也指偶然得到的好处,但强调的是有利的结果。

  • We hadn't planned to be in France at the same time as Ann and Charles - it was just a happy coincidence.
    我们从未打算与安和查尔斯同时到法国——那只是一个幸运的巧合。

lucky : 多指偶然机遇中的有利或幸运情况。

  • "I'm going to Japan." "Lucky you!"
    “我要去日本了。”“你运气真好!”
  • The lucky winner will be able to choose from three different holidays.
    幸运的获胜者可以从3种不同的假日方案中选择一种。
  • They're lucky to have such a nice office to work in.
    他们能在这么好的办公室里工作真走运。
  • He's lucky that he wasn't fired.
    他很幸运,没有被解雇。
  • It sounds as if you had a lucky escape (= by good chance you were able to avoid something dangerous or unpleasant).
    听起来好像你是侥幸逃脱啊。
  • We'll be lucky if we get there by midnight at this rate (= we might get there by midnight or it might be later).
    按照这样的速度,我们能在午夜前到达就算幸运了。

wechat-qrcode