- You know how everyone feigns surprise when you tell them how old you are.
- The prosecution claimed that the defendant had feigned the injury.
- She responded to his remarks with feigned amusement.
pretend : 指公开表示的与心里想的与客观实际不符合，含公开承认其虚假的意味。
- He pretended (that) he didn't mind, but I knew that he did.
- The children pretended (that) they were dinosaurs.
- Were you just pretending to be interested?
- She's not really hurt - she's only pretending.
- Of course I was angry - I can't pretend otherwise.
simulate : 主要指模仿他人或他物的样子，假装具有他人或他物的特点。
- In cheap furniture, plastic is often used to simulate wood.
- Ruth simulated pleasure at seeing Sam, but really she wished he hadn't come.
- The computer simulates (= represents) different road conditions for new drivers to practise on.