区别辨析hear、listen与overhear

hear、listen与overhear这些动词均含“听”之意。

hear : 及物动词,指声音进入耳内,但不含有注意的意味,即,只要听觉正常,声音进入耳内,就能听见。但在祈使句中,hear可指有意识的行为。

  • She heard a noise outside.
    她听到外面一阵嘈杂。
  • My grandfather is getting old and can't hear very well.
    我祖父上了年纪,耳朵听不太清楚。
  • You'll have to speak up, I can't hear you.
    你得说大声点,我听不见你。
  • I heard/I could hear someone calling my name.
    我听见有人喊我的名字。
  • At eight o'clock Jane heard him go out.
    8点钟的时候,简听见他出去了。

listen : 及物动词,指有意识地倾听,强调行为的过程。

  • What kind of music do you listen to?
    你听哪一类的音乐?
  • She does all the talking - I just sit and listen.
    她一直在说——我只是坐在那里听。
  • You haven't listened to a word I've said!
    我说的话你一个字都没听!
  • We listened in silence as the names of the dead were read out.
    宣读死者的名字时我们都默默地听着。
  • Listen, we really need to submit our insurance claim this weekend.
    听着,我们确实需要在本周末解决我们的保险索赔问题。
  • Listen to this! You can win a car just by answering three simple questions.
    听听这个!只要回答出3个简单的问题你就有可能赢得法国南部双人度假游。

overhear : 指偶然听到,无意中听到,也指偷听。

  • I overheard a very funny conversation on the bus this morning.
    今天早上我坐公共汽车时,无意中听到一段好笑的谈话。
  • He overheard his daughter telling her doll not to be so naughty.
    他碰巧听到女儿对她的毛绒玩具说别那么淘气。
  • We overheard them say that they didn't really like the food.
    我们无意中听到他们说他们其实并不喜欢那些饭菜。
  • I'm sorry, I couldn't help overhearing.
    很抱歉,我是碰巧听到的。