区别辨析holiday、festival、vacation与leave

holiday、festival、vacation与leave这些名词均有“假日、节日”之意。

holiday : 指按规定不工作的各种假日,时间可长可短。在英国复数形式表示较长的假期。

  • a camping/skiing holiday
    野营/滑雪假期
  • Have you decided where you're going for your holiday(s) this year?
    你决定今年到哪里度假了吗?
  • Patricia is on holiday next week.
    帕特里夏下星期休假。
  • How many days' holiday do you get with your new job?
    你的新工作有多少天假期?
  • We thought we'd go to France for our summer holiday.
    我们想去法国过暑假。
  • Surely the school holidays start soon.
    想必学校马上就要放假了吧。

festival : 指公众庆祝、欢度的节日。

  • a Jewish/Christian/Hindu festival
    犹太教/基督教/印度教节日

vacation : 通常指时间较长的假期,如学校的寒暑假等。

  • We're taking a vacation in June.
    我们6月份要去度假。
  • They went to Europe on vacation.
    他们去欧洲度假了。
  • I've still got some vacation time left before the end of the year.
    我到年底之前还剩下一些假期。

leave : 主要指政府机关工作人员或军队人员获准的休假、假期。

  • How much annual/paid leave do you get?
    你有多少天年假/带薪假期?
  • She's (gone) on leave (= holiday).
    她去休假了。
  • I've asked if I can take a week's unpaid leave.
    我已经问过能不能请一周不带薪的假。