区别辨析worry、brood、care与fret

这些动词均有“烦恼、担忧”之意。

worry : 普通用词,着重使人焦虑、烦恼或深深不安。

  • Try not to worry - there's nothing you can do to change the situation.
    别发愁了——你没法改变这种局面。
  • Don't worry, she'll be all right.
    别担心,她会没事的。
  • It's silly worrying about things which are outside your control.
    为自己无法掌控的事发愁是很愚蠢的。
  • She's worried (that) she might not be able to find another job.
    她担心自己无法再找到一份工作。

brood 语气比 worry 强,多指沉思、沮丧或忧郁。

  • I wish she wouldn't sit brooding in her room all day.
    我希望她不要整天呆在房间里忧心忡忡的。

care : 多指极强烈的关心和忧虑。常带纯客观的意味。

  • She's never cared very much about her appearance.
    她对自己的外表从不很在意。
  • I really don't care whether we go out or not.
    我们出不出去我真的不在意。
  • I don't care how much it costs, just buy it.
    我不在乎它要价多少,就买了吧。
  • "Was Lorna happy about the arrangements?" "I don't know and I don't care."
    “洛娜对安排满意吗?”“我不知道,也不关心。”
  • Your parents are only doing this because they care about (= love) you.
    你父母之所以这么做全是因为他们爱你。

fret : 通常指因悲哀、焦虑或忧愁等所持续困扰的心理状态。

  • Don't fret - I'm sure he's OK.
    别发愁——他肯定没事。
  • She spent the day fretting about/over what she'd said to Nicky.
    她为对尼基说的话而担心了一整天。