A sight for sore eyes
Someone that you’re pleased to see
- You're a sight for sore eyes!
All eyes are on
Watching alertly or attentively
- All eyes are on the president to see how he will respond to the challenge to his leadership.
Keep an eye peeled
Be observant; watch out for something
- A driver has got to keep his best eye peeled every minute.
Catch someone’s eye
Attract someone’s attention
- But if you convey a clear picture of who you are and what makes you special, you just might catch someone's eye.
Turn a blind eye
Choose not to notice something
- Management often turn a blind eye to bullying in the workplace.
Cry your eyes out
Cry hard for a very long time
- I was so upset that day, I cried my eyes out.
All eyes and ears
- A detective must be all eyes and all ears.
See eye to eye
To concur, agree
- My sisters don't see eye to eye with me about the arrangements.
A mark of shame
- He had a fight at school and came home with a black eye.