英文诗歌 | The Gardener 16 园丁集 16

罗宾德拉纳特·泰戈尔(Ranbindranath Tagore),印度著名诗人、作家、艺术家和社会活动家。1913年获诺贝尔文学奖。泰戈尔是具有巨大世界影响的作家。他共写了50多部诗集,被称为“诗圣”。

《园丁集》是泰戈尔的一部重要的代表作,是一部“生命之歌' 它更多地融入了诗人青春时代的体验,细腻地描叙了爱情的幸福、烦恼与忧伤,可以视为一部青春恋歌。诗人在回首往事时吟唱出这些恋歌,在回味青春心灵的悸动时,无疑又与自己的青春保有一定距离,并进行理性的审视与思考,使这部恋歌不时地闪烁出哲理的光彩。

The Gardener 16
园丁集 16

Ranbindranath Tagore
罗宾德拉纳特·泰戈尔

Hands cling to hands and eyes linger on eyes;
两手相挽,凝眸相视,

thus begins the record of our hearts.
这样开始了我们的心的记录。

It is the moonlit night of March;
这是三月的月明之夜,

the sweet smell of henna is in the air;
空气里是指甲花的甜香,

my flute lies on the earth neglected
我的横笛遗忘在地上,

and your garland of flowers is unfinished.
而你的花环也没有编成。

This love between you and me is simple as a song.
你我之间的爱情像歌曲般单纯。

Your veil of the saffron colour makes my eyes drunk.
你的番红花色的面纱,使我醉眼陶然。

The jasmine wreath that you wove me thrills to my heart like praise.
你为我编的茉莉花环使我心震颤,像是受了赞扬一般。

It is a game of giving and withholding, revealing and screening again;
这是一种欲予故夺、欲露故藏的游戏;

some smiles and some little shyness,
有些微笑,有些羞怯,

and some sweet useless struggles.
还有一些甜柔的无用的挣扎。

This love between you and me is simple as a song.
你我之间的爱情像歌曲般单纯。

No mystery beyond the present;
没有超越现实的神秘;

no striving for the impossible;
没有对不可能的事物的强求;

no shadow behind the charm;
没有藏在魅力背后的阴影;

no groping in the depth of the dark.
也没有在黑暗深处的摸索。

This love between you and me is simple as a song.
你我之间的爱情像歌曲般单纯。

We do not stray out of all words into the ever silent;
我们并不背离一切言语而走入永远缄默的歧途;

we do not raise our hands to the void for things beyond hope.
我们并不向空虚伸手要求超乎希望的事物。

It is enough what we give and we get.
我们所给予的和我们所得到的,都已经足够。

We have not crushed the joy to the utmost to wring from it the wine of pain.
我们不曾过度地耽于欢乐而从中榨出痛苦的醇酒。

This love between you and me is simple as a song.
你我之间的爱情像歌曲般单纯。