英 [ˈɒbstəkl] 美 [ˈɑːbstəkl]
- The biggest obstacle in our way was a tree trunk in the road.
- This decision has removed the last obstacle to the hostages' release.
英 [əˈblɪtəreɪt] 美 [əˈblɪtəreɪt]
- The missile strike was devastating - the target was totally obliterated.
- All of a sudden the view was obliterated by the fog.
英 [əbˈses] 美 [əbˈses]
- The whole relationship obsessed me for years.
- She used to obsess about her weight.
英 [əbˈstrʌkt] 美 [əbˈstrʌkt]
- After the earthquake many roads were obstructed by collapsed buildings.
- Her view of the stage was obstructed by a pillar.
- An accident is obstructing traffic on the M11.
- to obstruct a police investigation
- He got five years in prison for withholding evidence and obstructing the course of justice.
- He was charged with obstructing justice.
英 [əbˈtruːd] 美 [əbˈtruːd]
- Music from the next room obtruded upon his thoughts.
- A 40 watt bulb would be quite sufficient and would not obtrude.
英 [ˈɒbvieɪt] 美 [ˈɑːbvieɪt]
- A peaceful solution would obviate the need to send a UN military force.
- This deferral would obviate pressure on the rouble exchange rate.