与经验教训(experience)相关的英语习语

put it down to experience
把……看作一次教训

  • Okay, so you made a mistake - you just have to put it down to experience and carry on with your life.
    好了,你是犯了错误,就把它当作一次教训,继续好好生活吧。
  • There's nothing we can do about it now, we'll just have to put it down to experience.
    现在我们已经无计可施,只能把它当作一次经验教训了。

know where you stand
知道自己的立场;清楚自己的情况

  • I know where I stand on this issue - I'm against the war.
    我很清楚自己在这个问题上的立场——我反对战争。
  • When we've paid all our debts we'll know where we stand.
    我们偿清债务后,就清楚自己的情况了。

give sb food for thought
引起(某人)深思

  • There is much food for thought in this essay.
    这篇杂文中有不少发人深思的东西。
  • Developments in your career may give you food for thought.
    事业上的发展可能会引发你很多的思考。

learn a/your lesson
接受教训,吸取教训

  • I got horribly drunk once at college and that was enough - I learned my lesson.
    我上大学时有一次喝酒醉得很厉害,那一次就够了——以后我就接受教训了。

teach sb a lesson
教训(某人);使吸取教训

  • Having my car stolen really taught me a lesson - I'll never leave it unlocked again.
    我的车被盗的确给了我一个教训——我再也不会不锁车了。
  • She decided to teach the boy a lesson.
    她决定教训那个男孩一顿。

get the message
领会含意,明白

  • I never answer his calls, so you'd think he'd get the message.
    我从不接他的电话,所以你想他会明白我的意思吧。

set/put the record straight
陈述真相;澄清是非

  • She's decided to write her memoirs to set the record straight once and for all.
    她决定撰写回忆录以彻底澄清事实。
wechat-qrcode