与感知相关的英语习语

hear (sth) through/on the grapevine
从传闻中听说,通过道听途说获悉,听小道消息知道

  • I heard through the grapevine that he was leaving - is it true?
    我听到传闻说他要离开了——是真的吗?

a figment of sb's imagination
凭空想象的事物,臆造的东西

  • Was it just a figment of my imagination or did I hear John's voice in the other room?
    是我的想象还是我真听到了约翰在另一间房里说话?

lose sight of sth
忘记,忽略

  • I'm worried that we're losing sight of our original objectives.
    我担心我们会淡忘我们的初衷。
  • Some members of the peace-keeping force seem to have lost sight of the fact that they are there to help people.
    维和部队的有些人员似乎忘记了他们到那里是为了帮助人们。

what/it beats me
我不理解,我不明白

  • It beats me how she got the job.
    我不明白她是怎么得到这份工作的。
  • What beats me is why she stays with him.
    我不理解她为什么跟他在一起。

have second thoughts about
改变主意;开始怀疑

  • You're not having second thoughts about getting married, are you?
    结婚的事你没改变主意吧?

the ins and outs of sth
详情,细节

  • I know how to use computers, but I don't really understand the ins and outs of how they work.
    我会用电脑,但不太明白它的工作原理。