与尝试解决问题相关的英语习语

make do
将就使用,凑合着用

  • We didn't have cupboards so we made do with boxes.
    我们没有橱柜,只好将就用箱子了。
  • You'll have to make do with this timber.
    你就可着这块木料做吧。
  • Viewers will have to make do with tired re-runs and second-rate movies.
    电视观众只能将就着看一下已经看厌了的重播节目和二流电影。
  • Why make do with a copy if you can afford the genuine article?
    要是买得起真品,为什么还要拿复制品来凑合呢?

give sth a whirl/shot
(常指初次)尝试做

  • I've never danced salsa before but I'll give it a whirl.
    我以前从未跳过萨尔萨舞,但我要尝试一下。

come/get to grips with sth
开始理解并着手处理;了解并应付(问题或局面)

  • The president has failed to come to grips with the two most important social issues of our time.
    总统没能认识到我们这一时期最重要的两个社会问题。
  • I can't seem to get to grips with this problem.
    我好像理解不了这个问题。

(just) to be on the safe side
谨慎起见;以防万一

  • I'm sure it won't rain, but I'll take an umbrella (just) to be on the safe side (= to be ready if it does rain).
    我知道不会下雨,但是为了以防万一,我还是要带把伞。

get to the bottom of sth
对……寻根究底;找到……的真相

  • I'm not sure what is causing the problem, but I'm determined to get to the bottom of it.
    我现在不能确定导致这个问题的原因是什么,不过我一定要弄个明白。

wechat-qrcode