be in the bag
- Once we'd scored the third goal, the game was pretty much in the bag.
- She warned that she had no magic wand to solve the problem.
- At the end of the book all the loose ends are neatly tied up.
fall into place
- If you plan the project well, then everything should fall into place.
- Once I discovered that the woman was his sister, everything fell into place.
pick up the pieces
- The fire was a blow, but we were determined to pick up the pieces and get the business back on its feet.