区别辨析bring、carry、take、fetch、get、convey与transport

这些动词均有“带、拿、取”之意。

bring : 指从某处把人或物带到或拿到说话者所在的地点,强调方向,不着重方式。

  • "Shall I bring anything to the party?" "Oh, just a bottle."
    “我要不要带点东西参加聚会?”“噢,带瓶酒就行。”
  • Bring me that knife/Bring that knife to me.
    把那把刀递给我。
  • Can you help me bring in the shopping (= take it into the house)?
    你能帮我把买的东西拿进屋里吗?
  • The police brought several men in for questioning (= took them to the police station because they might have been involved in a crime).
    警方带了几个人回警局问话。
  • When they visit us they always bring their dog with them.
    他们来看我们时总是把狗带来。

carry : 指把物品从一个地方带到另一个地方,不涉及方向,只强调方式。

  • Would you like me to carry your bag for you?
    要我帮你背包吗?
  • She carried her tired child upstairs to bed.
    她将疲惫的孩子抱上楼去睡觉。
  • These books are too heavy for me to carry.
    这些书太沉了,我搬不动。
  • We only had a small suitcase, so we were able to carry it onto the plane.
    我们只有一只小手提箱,所以能拎着它登机。
  • Robson injured his leg in the second half of the match and had to be carried off.
    罗布森在下半场比赛中腿部受伤,只好被抬到场外。
  • Thieves broke the shop window and carried off (= removed) jewellery worth thousands of pounds.
    小偷打碎了商店的橱窗,拿走了价值几千英镑的珠宝。

take : 指从说话人或说话人心目中所在处把某人或某物带离开,带到离说话者有一定距离的地方,与bring的方向正相反,侧重方向,不着重方式。

  • The weather forecast said rain, so take your umbrella (with you) when you go out.
    天气预报说有雨,所以外出时记得带伞。
  • The suitcases were taken to San Antonio by mistake.
    由于疏忽,手提箱被带到了马德里。
  • Take the book up/down to the third floor of the library.
    把书拿到图书馆的3层。
  • I suggested that he should take her some chocolates/take some chocolates to her (= bring them to her as a present).
    我建议他给她带些巧克力。

fetch : 指一往一返,相当于go and bring,去取了东西或带人再返回到出发处。

  • Could you fetch me my glasses/fetch my glasses for me from the other room, please?
    你去另一个房间帮我把眼镜拿过来好吗?
  • I have to fetch my mother from the station.
    我得去车站接我母亲。

get : 口语用词,与fetch基本同义,语气随便。

  • Let me go get my glasses.
    我去把眼镜拿来。
  • Can I get you a drink?
    我给你端杯饮料,好吗?

convey : 指通过中间人传递信息,或以某种方式把人或物送到目的地。

  • The goods are usually conveyed by rail.
    这种货物通常通过铁路运输。
  • Could you convey a message to Mr Merrick for me, please?
    你能替我给梅里克先生传个口信吗?

transport : 指使用车辆或机械设备把人或货物从一处运载到另一处。

  • the transport of live animals
    活体动物的运输
  • The company will arrange transport from the airport.
    公司将负责从机场开始的交通安排。