cite : 指引经据典以示证明或凭据。
- She cites both T.S. Eliot and Virginia Woolf in her article.
- She cites a favourite poem by George Herbert.
quote : 指不加剪裁的直接引用原文或原话。
- He's always quoting from the Bible.
- "If they're flexible, we're flexible", the official was quoted as saying.
- She worked, to quote her daughter, "as if there were no tomorrow".
- Can I quote you on that (= can I repeat to other people what you have just said)?
repeat : 仅强调口头或笔头重复别人的话或字句，并不必指明出处。
- Would you mind repeating what you just said?
- Please don't repeat what I've just told you to anyone else.
- She repeated that she had no intention of running for president.