区别辨析class、lesson、lecture与course

这些名词均含“课”之意。

class : 从“班级”引申指学生在一起上课,还可表示“(一节)课”。

  • My last class ends at four o'clock.
    我最后一堂课4点结束。
  • I was told off for talking in class.
    我因为在课堂上讲话而受到了严厉批评。
  • Who takes/teaches your environmental studies class?
    谁教你们环境学?
  • I missed my aerobics class yesterday.
    我昨天没去上有氧健身操课。
  • Classes have been cancelled today because of a staff meeting.
    因为有全体教工会议,今天的课取消了。

lesson : 主要指教材中的一课或每次授课的单位时间。

  • How can we make science lessons more interesting?
    我们怎样才能把理科课程讲得更有趣一些呢?
  • She has never had/taken any acting lessons.
    她从未上过表演课。
  • He gives French lessons.
    他教法语课。

lecture : (尤指面向学生的)讲课。

  • We went to a lecture on Italian art.
    我们去参加了一个关于意大利艺术的讲座。
  • Who's giving the lecture this afternoon?
    今天下午的课由谁来讲?

course : 指在一段时间内教完或学完的完整的课程。

  • They're going away on a training course next week.
    下星期他们要出去上实习课。
  • I'd like to do (US take) a writing course when I retire.
    退休后我想修一门写作课。
  • Tim did a three-year course in linguistics at Newcastle.
    蒂姆在纽卡斯尔大学修了为期3年的语言学课程。