区别辨析cold、cool、chilly、frosty、freezing与icy

这些形容词均含“冷、凉”之意。

cold : 最普通用词,强调缺乏温暖,使人不舒服。

  • a cold day/house
    冷天/寒冷的房子
  • cold food/water
    冰冷的食物/凉水
  • cold hands
    冰凉的手
  • cold weather
    寒冷的天气
  • My feet are so cold.
    我的双脚冰凉。
  • It's freezing cold today.
    今天冷极了。
  • You'll feel cold if you don't wear a coat.
    如果不穿外套你会觉得冷的。

cool : 指气温稍冷,感觉凉爽或凉快。

  • cool water
    凉水
  • cool weather
    冷天
  • It was a lovely cool evening.
    那是个凉爽的夜晚。
  • How do you manage to look so cool in this hot weather?
    这么热的天你怎么看上去会这么凉快?
  • It's a bit cool in here, isn't it? I think I'll close the window.
    这儿有点凉,是不是?我想关上窗户。

chilly : 指使哆嗦的冷。

  • The bathroom gets chilly in the winter.
    冬天浴室变得很冷。
  • I felt a bit chilly so I put on a jacket.
    我觉得有点冷,所以就穿了件夹克衫。
  • a chilly October day
    10月寒气袭人的一天

frosty : 指雾气在寒冷物体的表面凝结成薄冰时的严寒结霜的温度。

  • The frosty air stung my cheeks.
    冰冷的空气刺痛了我的双颊。
  • It was a cold and frosty morning.
    那是个天寒地冻的早晨。

freezing : 指使人僵直,使东西凝固的冷。

  • It's freezing in here - can I close the window?
    这儿冷极了——我把窗户关上可以吗?
  • They survived for four hours in the freezing water.
    他们在冰冷的水中存活了4个小时。
  • After walking through the snow, my feet were freezing.
    走过雪地后,我的双脚都冻僵了。
  • I had to wait for hours on the freezing cold station platform.
    我不得不在寒冷彻骨的站台上等了好几个小时。

icy : 多指风暴、风雪和水等冷得使人感到如刺如割。

  • She opened the window and I was hit by an icy blast of air.
    她打开窗户,一阵刺骨的寒风向我袭来。
  • He fell into the icy waters of the Moscow river.
    他掉入莫斯科河刺骨的水中。
  • Her skin was icy to the touch.
    她的皮肤摸起来冰凉。