区别辨析direct、conduct、guide、lead与pilot

这些动词都含“引导”之意。

direct : 指为某人指方向,但自己不一定亲自引路,也可表示指导一群人的事或活动。

  • Could you direct me to the airport?
    你能告诉我去机场的路吗?
  • I couldn't find the station, so I asked someone if they could direct me.
    我找不到车站,只好问路。
  • Christopher will direct day-to-day operations.
    克里斯托弗将管理日常的运营。

conduct : 正式用词,指引导某人去某处,强调亲自带领;也强调监督管理一群有共同目的或目标的人。

  • May I conduct you to your table, sir, or would you prefer to have a drink at the bar first?
    先生,我带您去餐桌呢,还是您先在吧台喝上一杯?
  • The protesters were conducted from the courtroom by two police officers.
    抗议者被两名警察带出了法庭。

guide : 普通用词,可与 conduct 换用,指引导者与被引导者双方彼此合作,共同努力的关系。

  • Our lawyer guided us through the more complicated questions on the form.
    我们的律师指导我们答完了表格中较为复杂的问题。
  • The curator guided us through the gallery, pointing out the most famous paintings in the collection.
    馆长带我们参观了美术馆,并向我们指出馆藏中最为著名的油画。
  • a guided tour of the city
    在导游带领下浏览该市
  • The shop assistant guided me to the shelf where the gardening books were displayed.
    店员把我带到园艺书籍展架前。
    The runway lights guide the plane in to land.
    机场的跑道灯指引飞机降落。

lead : 指走在前面给某人引路或带路人共同去达到某一目标。用于抽象意义时,指在某项活动或运动中起主导和组织作用。

  • I don't know the way, so you'd better lead.
    我不认识路,你最好在前面带路。
  • If you lead in the jeep, we'll follow behind on the horses.
    如果你开吉普车带路,我们就骑马跟在后面。
  • I think we've chosen the right person to lead the expedition.
    我认为我们已经找到了带领这支探险队的合适人选。
  • I've asked Gemma to lead the discussion.
    我已请杰玛组织大家讨论。
  • Who will be leading the inquiry into the accident?
    谁来领导事故的调查工作?

pilot : 从原义“为飞机、轮船导航”借喻为指亲自带领某人去某处。

  • She piloted a bill on the rights of part-time workers through parliament.
    她几经周折终于使兼职人员权利法案在议会中得以通过。