effort : 通常指完成某特定任务所需付出的或大或小的努力，可指一次的努力，也可指坚持不懈的努力。
- If we could all make an effort to keep this office tidier it would help.
- You can't expect to have any friends if you don't make the effort with people.
- In their efforts to reduce crime the government expanded the police force.
- He's jogging around the park every morning in an effort to get fit.
- It takes a long time to prepare the dish but the results are so good that it's worth the effort.
- They went to a lot of trouble (= made a lot of effort) for their dinner party, but half the guests didn't bother to turn up.
- It's annoying, but I don't think I'll go to the trouble of making an official complaint.
- She is at pains to point out how much work she has done.
- I went to great pains to select the best staff available.
endeavour : 指持久的，坚持不懈的，甚至是终身的努力，强调努力的认真与决心。
- In spite of our best endeavours, it has proven impossible to contact her.
- Crossing the North Pole on foot was an amazing feat of human endeavour.
- artistic endeavour
struggle : 指为克服困难或阻力所作的努力，也指因决心、意志或干劲而产生的极大努力。
- The dog had been struggling to get free of the wire noose.
- I've been struggling to understand this article all afternoon.
- Fish struggle for survival when the water level drops in the lake.