final : 指到达终点，多含果断、明确或最后终结的强烈意味。
- a final warning/offer
- the final chapters of a book
- the final years
- The game is in its final stages.
last : 指一系列事物的最后一个，可表示次序、顺序或时间。
- I hate being the last one to arrive at a meeting.
- Our house is the last one on the left before the traffic lights.
- The Mets will surely finish the season in last place (= at the lowest rank of their division).
- I know Johnson finished last in the race, but who was second to last (= the one before the one at the end)?
- I don't know why he bothers to bet - his horses always come in last.
- At the last moment (= as late as possible) he changed his mind.
- He always leaves important decisions to the last (possible) moment (= as late as possible).
ultimate : 较正式用词，强调已到了极限。
- Of course the ultimate responsibility for the present conflict without doubt lies with the aggressor.
- My manager will make the ultimate decision about who to employ.
- Infidelity is the ultimate betrayal.
- the ultimate luxury cruiser