区别辨析groan、moan、sigh与sob

groan、moan、sigh与sob这些名词(动词)均有“叹息声、叹息”之意。

groan : 侧重指因受到难忍受的精神负担或强烈的痛苦等而发出沉重的呻吟,也指显示强烈不满的叹息声。

  • We could hear the groans of the wounded soldiers.
    我们能听到伤兵们的呻吟声。
  • He looked at the piles of dirty dishes and gave a groan of dismay.
    他看着成堆的脏盘子,发出一声沮丧的叹息。
  • to groan with pain/pleasure
    痛苦地呻吟;高兴得直哼哼
  • He lay on the floor groaning.
    他躺在地板上呻吟。
  • We all groaned at his terrible jokes.
    他讲的笑话很糟糕,我们都发出不满的抱怨声。
  • They were all moaning and groaning (= complaining) about the amount of work they had.
    他们对工作量都怨声载道。

moan语气比groan强,多指拉长的或连续的悲叹(声)或呻吟(声)。

  • He moaned with pain before losing consciousness.
    他痛苦地呻吟,随后就失去了知觉。
  • "Let me die," he moaned.
    “让我死吧。”他呻吟道。
  • Thelma's always moaning (about something), and forgets how lucky she actually is.
    特尔玛总爱抱怨,忘记了实际上她是多么地幸运。
  • "I don't like potatoes," he moaned.
    “我不爱吃土豆,”他抱怨说。
  • First she moans (that) she's too hot, and then that she's too cold.
    起初她抱怨说太热了,然后又说太冷了。
  • After a lot of moaning and groaning, they eventually started work.
    在嘟嘟囔囔抱怨了一阵之后,他们终于开始干活了。

sigh : 多指无意识地发出表示沮丧、悲痛、悔恨或厌倦等情绪的深沉叹息。

  • She sighed deeply and sat down.
    她深叹一口气,坐了下来。
  • "I wish he was here," she sighed (= she said with a sigh).
    “我希望他在这里,”她叹息道。
  • He leaned back in his seat with a sigh.
    他向后靠在座位上长出了一口气。
  • "Ah, you're here," she said and heaved/let out/gave a sigh of relief.
    “啊,你在这儿,”她说道,如释重负地松了口气。

sob : 指抽噎声或呜咽声,或边说边哭。

  • I found her sobbing in the bedroom because she'd broken her favourite doll.
    我看见她在卧室里抽泣,因为她弄坏了自己最心爱的娃娃。
  • You're not going to help matters by lying there sobbing!
    你躺在那里哭并不能解决问题!
  • I could hear her sobs from the next room.
    我听见隔壁传来她的抽泣声。

wechat-qrcode