区别辨析hope、anticipate与await

hope、anticipate与await这些动词均有“希望、期待”之意。

hope : 指希望得到积极、有利的结果,所期待的可能实现,也可能不会实现。

  • I'm hoping for an interview next week.
    我盼望着下星期有一次面试。
  • She's hoping (that) she won't be away too long.
    她希望她不会离开太久。
  • I hope (that) she'll win.
    我希望她能赢。
  • We have to hope and pray (that) the operation will go well.
    我们只能祈祷手术顺利。
  • They hope to visit us next year.
    他们希望明年能来我们这里作客。
  • It's good news, I hope.
    我希望是好消息。
  • "Will you be at the meeting tomorrow?" "I hope not/so".
    “你明天会参加那个会议吗?”“恐怕不行/我想是的。”

anticipate : 指对未来的期望,一般是对好事的期待。

  • We don't anticipate any trouble.
    我们不希望出现任何问题。
  • We had one or two difficulties along the way that we didn't anticipate.
    在进行的过程中,我们遇到一两个没有预料到的难题。
  • Are you anticipating a lot of people at the party tonight?
    你预计今晚的聚会会有很多人来吗?
  • They anticipate having several applicants for the job.
    他们预计会有几个人来应聘这份工作。
  • They anticipate that they will have several applicants for the job
    他们预计会有几个人来应聘这份工作。
  • At this stage we can't really anticipate what will happen.
    在这个阶段我们真的无法预料会发生什么。
  • The anticipated inflation figure is lower than last month's.
    预计中的通货膨胀数字低于上月。

await : 书面用词,指对将要或预料要发生的事怍于期待状态。

  • He's anxiously awaiting his test results.
    他正焦急地等待着他的测试结果。
  • A marvellous reception awaited me on my first day at work.
    上班第一天,迎接我的是盛大的欢迎会。
  • The long/eagerly awaited sequel is now available online.
    大家期待已久的续集已经在网上了。

wechat-qrcode