hope : 指希望得到积极、有利的结果，所期待的可能实现，也可能不会实现。
- I'm hoping for an interview next week.
- She's hoping (that) she won't be away too long.
- I hope (that) she'll win.
- We have to hope and pray (that) the operation will go well.
- They hope to visit us next year.
- It's good news, I hope.
- "Will you be at the meeting tomorrow?" "I hope not/so".
anticipate : 指对未来的期望，一般是对好事的期待。
- We don't anticipate any trouble.
- We had one or two difficulties along the way that we didn't anticipate.
- Are you anticipating a lot of people at the party tonight?
- They anticipate having several applicants for the job.
- They anticipate that they will have several applicants for the job
- At this stage we can't really anticipate what will happen.
- The anticipated inflation figure is lower than last month's.
await : 书面用词，指对将要或预料要发生的事怍于期待状态。
- He's anxiously awaiting his test results.
- A marvellous reception awaited me on my first day at work.
- The long/eagerly awaited sequel is now available online.