区别辨析laugh、smile、giggle、grin、beam与sneer

laugh、smile、giggle、grin、beam与sneer这些动词均含“笑”之意。

laugh : 最常用词,指因喜悦、愉快或轻视而出声的笑或大笑。

  • They laughed at her jokes.
    听了她讲的笑话他们都笑了。
  • I couldn't stop laughing.
    我情不自禁地笑个不停。
  • I said he'd have to give a talk and he laughed nervously.
    我告诉他说他必须发言,他听后紧张地笑了起来。

smile : 指面露微笑,侧重于无声。

  • Amy had a big/broad smile on her face.
    埃米脸上满是笑容。
  • She has a nice smile.
    她笑得很甜。
  • He winked and gave me a smile.
    他眨了眨眼,冲我笑了一下。

giggle : 指发出咯咯的笑声,较多地用于女人或孩子。

  • Stop that giggling in the back row!
    别在后面傻笑!

grin : 指露齿而笑。

  • He grinned at me from the doorway.
    他在门口向我咧着嘴笑。
  • What are you grinning about?
    你龇牙咧嘴笑什么?

beam : 书面用词,指人因心情舒畅而发出的笑,即喜形于色地笑。

  • She beamed with delight/pleasure at his remarks.
    听完他的话她高兴得眉开眼笑。
  • The child beamed at his teacher as he received the award.
    那个孩子在领奖时对他的老师报以微笑。
  • "I'm so pleased to see you," he beamed (= said as he smiled).
    “见到你很高兴,”他微笑着说。

sneer : 指冷笑、嘲笑。

  • You may sneer, but a lot of people like this kind of music.
    你可以嗤之以鼻,但很多人喜欢这种音乐。
  • She'll probably sneer at my new shoes because they're not expensive.
    她也许会笑话我的新鞋子,因为买得很便宜。
  • "Is that the best you can do?" he sneered.
    “那就是你最大的能耐了吗?”他嘲笑着说。