On the same page
Understanding a situation in the same way
- This glossary should be shared with all vendors to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
All things considered
Taking all factors into consideration
- I think the party was great, all things considered - I mean we didn't have much time to get ready, but it still went well.
Fish or cut bait
Make a decision or give someone else a chance
- He's been promising voters that he'll support gun control, now it's time to fish or cut bait.
Up for grabs
- There are hundreds of prizes up for grabs.
Up in the air
Not yet decided
- The whole future of the project is still up in the air.
Raise red flags
Warn of trouble ahead
- This question will raise red flags — something you definitely don't want to do in the interview.
Out of the loop
Not part of a group that’s kept informed about something
- I've been out of the loop since I changed jobs. I didn't realize Wendy and Bob had got engaged.
All things being equal
In the event that all aspects of a situation remain the same
- All things being equal, I'll be at home on Tuesday.
To vacillate between two choices, to be indecisive
- The president's flip-flops on taxes made him appear indecisive.