I regularly see mistakes with phrases using the words “regards”or “respect”. There are several of these phrases in English, but they are easily confused and mixed up. For example, phrases like in respect to and with regards to are incorrect.
人们在使用与“regards”和“respect”相关的词组时经常会出现误用错用的情况。在英语里，的确有一些与这两个词相关的词组，但很容易混淆。比如，人们经常会用“in respect to”和“with regards to”来表示“关于”的意思，但实际上这种用法是不正确的。
Here is a list of correct phrases (they all mean basically the same thing):
- I have received your letter of October 15 regarding the three letters of recommendation which you require.
as regards (this is the only one with an s – “regards”)
as regards 这是唯一一个用到regards的词组）
- As regards communication with colleagues, department meetings are held once a fortnight.
in regard to (rare)
in regard to （很少用）
- This is Bill Burton from Milford Insurance, I'm calling in regard to our meeting next Tuesday.
with regard to
- With regard to the Middle East and North Africa, the U.S. and EU pledged to continue to support democratic transitions and economic development.
- I must tell you that I have not come to any decided opinion respecting him, but I think him a Maltese.
in respect of
- When a customer first opens an account, he instructs the bank to debit his account only in respect of cheques drawn by himself.
with respect to
- With respect to your other proposals, I am not yet able to tell you our decision.