区别辨析ask、beg、demand、require、request、implore、claim、pray与entreat

这些动词均有“要求,请求”之意。

ask :最普通用词,指向对方提出要求或请求,长、晚辈,上下级之间都可使用。

  • All the students were asked to complete a questionnaire.
    全体学生都被要求填一份调查表。
  • Eric asked me to marry him.
    埃里克求我嫁给他。

beg :指恳切地或再三地请求或要求,常含低三下四意味,也多用于应酬场合。

  • I managed to beg a lift from a passing motorist.
    我设法求得一位开车路过的人让我搭车。
  • Don't leave me here, I beg of you!
    别把我扔在这儿,求求你!

demand :一般指理直气壮地提出强烈要求,或坚持不让对方拒绝的要求。

  • Mr Byers last night demanded an immediate explanation from the Education Secretary.
    昨晚拜尔斯先生要求教育大臣立刻作出解释。

require :强调根据事业、需要或纪律、法律等而提出的要求。

  • The rules also require employers to provide safety training.
    这些规定还要求雇主提供安全培训。

request :正式用词,指非常正式,有礼貌的请求或恳求,多含担心因种种原因对方不能答应的意味。

  • She requested permission to film at the White House.
    她申请准予在白宫拍摄。
  • France had agreed to his request for political asylum.
    法国已经同意了他寻求政治庇护的请求。

implore :书面用词,着重指迫切、焦急或痛苦地恳求或哀求,常含较强的感情色彩。

  • Opposition leaders this week implored the president to break the deadlock.
    反对党领袖本周恳求总统打破僵局。
  • Tell me it's true. I implore you.
    告诉我那是真的,求求你。

claim :指有权或宣称有权得到而公开提出的要求。

  • Rival claims to Macedonian territory caused conflict in the Balkans.
    多方主张拥有对马其顿的领土主权,结果在巴尔干地区引发了冲突。

pray :语气庄重,指热情、诚恳和敬祈的要求,现不很常用。

  • I'm just praying that somebody in Congress will do something before it's too late.
    我只是在祈求国会中会有人在还来得及的时候做点什么。

entreat :泛指一般“恳求或哀求”,含企图说服对方或用热烈的请求软化反对意见的意味。

  • Trevor Steven entreated them to delay their departure.
    特雷弗·史蒂文恳求他们晚点走。
  • I earnestly entreat that we don't get caught out again.
    我诚挚地祈求我们不要再被人抓住短处了。

wechat-qrcode